Please find below some of our research projects for our psychology and neuroscience students at universities across Scotland. We rely on participation from all walks of life and hope very much that you will take part in our research. This site is updated daily and your participation is a really valuable part of the training for our students and will help them to be more skilled researchers in the future. Thanks!
(1) I’m looking for British bicultural individuals (e.g. international students/immigrants/individuals raised with two different cultures) to take part in a study investigating biculturalism, personality and nationalism. The study involves completing 3 questionnaires and takes approximately 25 minutes to complete. If you would like to participate in my study, please click on the link: https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_exntA74OqODss7k
(2) This study investigates how well people memorise real vs. fake news regarding the ongoing corona-crisis. Anyone can participate, who is 16-year-old or over and the study takes approximately 30 to 40 minutes. The study contains an attitudes questionnaire and a brief knowledge questionnaire. You will be asked to memorise 20 real and 20 fake statements, which will be followed by a cued recall task. Your participation is greatly appreciated! Here is the link:https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0PMxFtbErurBnSe
(3) Participants wanted to complete online questionnaires investigating academic stress, achievement and religiosity. Completion time is 10 minutes. Participants can be of any age, gender and do not have to be religious. But, you should have gained grades from a Scottish School, College or University in the previous academic year. https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3mjjdG6fWAjAwIZ
(4) This study is looking for any participant who is either Scottish or Italian. The aim of the current research is to have a better understanding on how cultural differences could play an important role on aggressive behaviours and their perception. Other aspects investigated here are also gender and self-perception. The study consists of an online survey that takes approximately 15 minutes. If the research topic grabs your interest, please take part to my survey! Here is the link: https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bK5Ll8vyJepAbNc
(5) Adults are sought for a 15 to 30 minute experiment that involves rating pictures (please note, some might be disturbing), identifying words and one questionnaire. To participate, please click on the link: https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/ED2EA1FB-9B54-47C2-8AD1-3061834BD6D7 .Please type your initials when asked for participant ID.
(6) We invite you to participate in a research project looking at the way that emotional processing and relationship to self-compassion interact with eating disordered behaviour in female University students. This study is open only to female university students aged 18 and above. The study will be conducted online and will take approximately 25 minutes to complete. You will be asked to complete some demographic questions (e.g. age, ethnicity, weight and height) as well as several short questionnaires. You will have the optional chance to be entered into a prize draw consisting of ten £20 Amazon vouchers with your email address. https://standrews.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bOr56Rjg8JxxGN7
We invite you to participate in a research project investigating how mindfulness and emotional regulation strategies are employed in everyday life. You will have to be aged 18 or above to participate and you will be asked to complete 3 online questionnaires. Your participation will take up to 1 hour. https://standrews.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1NaZ6oI2Zrv3s7r
I am inviting you to participate in my research study about whether anger levels affect moral decision making. I am specifically looking for undergraduate students to take part. You will complete an anger self-report, followed by three moral dilemmas. This study is completely voluntary. You can choose to take part in the study or not and may withdraw from the study at any time throughout. The study will take up to 15 minutes. https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/13F35B9C-BB43-40E1-AE39-6C9D1C3A5A81
We are looking for individuals to participate in a study investigating the relationship between obsessive compulsive symptomatology, trait mindfulness, and COVID-related stress. Anybody over the age of 18 can take part. The study will take about 25 minutes and participants have the chance to enter a prize draw to win one of ten £20 Amazon vouchers. For more information, visit the survey here: https://standrews.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_72kSGIFmgmM24fA
(1) Win £20 Amazon voucher! University students fluent in English wanted for an online study investigating autobiographical memory fluency, mental health, and COVID-19. We are looking for University students who are fluent in English to participate in a study investigating how mental health and COVID-19 are related to autobiographical memory fluency, in UK University students who are fluent in English. This study will take about 1hr and participants have the chance to enter a prize draw to win one of ten £20 Amazon vouchers. For more information click here: https://standrews.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0HzaPt8R0df3p7D
(1)UK residents aged 18 and over to complete a 10-minute online study, investigating the perception of audio-based witness statements. Suitable for any device (with headphones). Please follow this link: https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/D1F8EBF8-1E9A-402B-A20D-7298B02F68D5
(2) I’m looking for computing students and business students to take part in a research project on personality and course satisfaction. The study requires you to fill out two questionnaires which should take around 15-20 minutes to complete. Here is the link to Survey: https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dojoW0qiq4Xd7mZ
(3) I’m looking for Spanish and/or English speakers to complete an online experiment on the topic of how language affects memory of events. This takes about 25 minutes and involves watching short video clips and answering questions testing your memory. A PC/laptop is preferred. If your first language is English (and do not speak Spanish) OR if your first language is Spanish and second is English, please use this link: https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/C5646B18-9012-4987-802D-DA94A4DCDE9D If your first language is English and second language Spanish, please use this link: https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/AE873FE2-66E2-49C5-8D50-8D913E0FEC82
(3) Hello, I’m looking for participants to take part in my study, members of the LGBTQ+ community are particularly welcome. The experiment is about individual differences in mechanisms that underlie facial attractiveness and is open to all individuals over the age of 18. The study takes around 5 to 10 minutes and you will be asked to rate a series of faces for attractiveness. Here is the link: https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3f4Lctk39Tp5jCJ Thank you.
(4) The study examines the effect of language on close reading and memory. It will involve participants reading two passages with follow on comprehension and memory questions related to these passages. Participants of ages 16 and over are welcomed and it will take on average 20 to 25 minutes to complete. Thank you. Please follow the link –https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2bDWmVQlz8Ujc6F – COMPLETED
(1) Fluent English speakers currently living in the UK and aged 18-80 for a survey on moral liberty and on moral judgements on covid-19 and protesters in recent protests during the pandemic. You will be asked about your own moral beliefs, political alignment, views on protesters and protests that happened during the pandemic (anti-lockdown and BLM).
This survey should take around 30 minutes and can only be completed on a computer or laptop. https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/3DD5D162-EC2A-47AC-BDC0-ED81543F8C0F
(2) University or college students are wanted for a 50-minute study investigating the impact of mood on face processing ability. You will complete one questionnaire, followed by mood inductions and perform face processing ability tasks. Please click the link to take part: https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/26ECB980-5273-4069-8F49-7A1DD247EA41
(1) Young people aged 17-30 years old are invited to participate in a research project studying how people’s use of media influence the way they process information. You will complete two questionnaires about your media use, watch a short video and perform a cognitive task. You will need access to a Facebook account and an email account. It will take about 20 minutes. To participate click this link: https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/22DF1195-05E5-47F1-A454-005ABDCBFFEF
(2) What do you think? We are interested in your interpretations of what happened based on a short summary of an event. If you are over 17 years old, please take 15-20 minutes to do our online study! Please click the link to take part https://qmupsychology.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2rEbraRrc7OtHqB
(1) Adults (aged 18 and above) are wanted for a 30-minute online study looking at individuals’ attitudes and beliefs related to COVID-19. The study involves one reflection exercise and a survey. If you are interested in participating please click the link https://standrews.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0p39otQdFZmD0Ee
(2) Psychology students from years 2 and 3 are needed for a 20 minute online study. This examines how educational systems and individual differences affect university students’ well-being and academic performance. If you would like to participate, here is the link to my survey: https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eQEZCgIgLxNavxI Thank you.
(3) I am collecting data for an experiment on interpersonal coordination. This requires recruiting participants in pairs to perform a fun clapping task. The experiment takes approximately 25 minutes. If you would like to participate please follow this link (https://doodle.com/poll/fx8b4vwtscfihb52?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link) which will take you to a bookable Doodle calendar. Please fill in your availability, using multiple timeslots and include your email address as your name. I will then contact you to confirm a timeslot and send on more information.
(4) Participants over the age of 16 are wanted for a 15-20 minute study investigating the detection of narcissism through facial cues when considering social context. Please note that this study is best suited for completion on a PC/Laptop. https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_82j3c0Ede0FoYOp
(5) Looking to recruit participants over the age of 18 (especially UK males) to take part in my online questionnaire about French kissing and sexual proneness. Please bear in mind some questions are personal as they relate to your sexuality and sexual preferences, so please complete this privately in your own time (preferably on PC/laptop). Here is the link for those who would like to take part: https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8pp5X0veGXYmCOh. Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on the following email: email@example.com
(6) We are interested in the perception of personality characteristics identified by voice alone, in a counselling setting. If you would like to participate, please click the link: https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/D438EED0-0F60-4B80-8B2C-67EDEEBFD014
(1) We would like to invite anybody over the age of 16 to participate in a survey investigating the perception of protest effectiveness over time. The study shall involve a questionnaire which will take 10 minutes to complete. https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/FDBF1D82-8AED-45FC-92B7-B44A15D2616D
(3) Seeking adults (18+) within the UK to take part in a research project which investigates whether the endorsement of one moral value over another predicts attitudes towards mental health. This study is completely anonymous and will take around 30 minutes to complete. https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/42843AFC-7076-4454-A483-78DE1DF09818?fbclid=IwAR3cjLr6M-c-dUjg7yXFVXOylNiANQw24JdpcVt4fE4Ij05S11qYkAy0DtM
(1) Participants wanted for a 10-15 minute study investigating the relationship between mood, fatigue and task performance. Please note that the study can only be completed on a PC/laptop and is NOT suitable for people who are colour blind. https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/F0FD288B-F667-442C-8B45-0146EDFE2FB1
(2) Students who are parents wanted for a 20 minute online study to examine resilience and well-being. https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d4FRJARLovCycV7
(3) UK Parents/caregivers, aged 18 years or over, wanted for a 30 minute online study looking at the self-perception of parental roles and cultural beliefs. I am especially looking for male participants. https://abertay.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e5oy1huOvdwELGJ?fbclid=IwAR0uQKcE3GWrqxvGinURDI-gDoncmpwa3-EFoh2fwYt5CnZ8YgbgJTkaWDc
(4) Participants (aged 17+) wanted for an online study looking at the effects of handedness on a ‘Go/No-Go’ task (left- and right-handers welcome!). The study takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and should be done on a PC or laptop (it will not run on mobile phones or tablets). https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/10235D7E-87AC-42E2-BC5D-25ADF0468464
(5) The Effect of Online Videos and Tasks on Mental Health and Well-Being: This study explores whether various short online activities influence the mental health and well-being of individuals. You will be asked to complete two mood scales and a short activity. https://abbieduncan24.wixsite.com/onlinestudy
(6) Do you live in the UK and are over the age of 18? You are invited to fill out this 5 minute questionnaire. The questionnaire is about covid-19 and its effects on social behaviour in ‘public’ (eg Shops, restaurants, Shopping centers etc). https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/26BE6CC3-1203-4D6D-AC7E-4A94CABB2F41
(1) The research is investigating cognitive performance (specifically memory) in individuals with ADHD. You must be either an undergraduate or postgraduate student (currently or in the past 5 years) and have a diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or been referred / awaiting diagnosis. Participants must be native English speakers. The study should take around 30 minutes. https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/29D375F0-6ED5-4194-8006-2E7B1D5E4B24
(2) We invite you to participate in a research project regarding lecture capture – recorded lectures that can be accessed online. Most lectures are now delivered online, which has been an adjustment for both teachers and students alike. There are a variety of lecture capture styles, and our study aims to determine which style is best suited for virtual learning. The study will be online and last approximately 15 minutes. Participants will be asked to watch a 10-minute lecture about worm charming followed by a short questionnaire. Participants will then have the opportunity to enter a prize draw for one of three £25.00 Amazon gift vouchers. Please click on this link.
(3) We invite you to participate in a research project to determine why some types of belief attribution may be more difficult than others. You will be shown 50 scenarios and asked a question about some aspect of each scenario immediately after it has been presented. You will then have five seconds to select your answer as quickly as possible from a choice of two options. We anticipate that the study will last 30 minutes. You must be 18 years or older to participate, and you may not participate if you have already completed ‘Understanding performance in different types of belief situation’. If you are interested, please click the link https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/FAF68F11-7BD6-4B6B-9F05-E072FFE927C4
This study is looking to investigate the link between perceived isolation and mental health in students, to assess the effects the pandemic has had on both. In order to take part, you will need to be over 18 and be a currently enrolled student at a Scottish University. This study is conducted online through a short, anonymous online questionnaire that will likely take no more than 15 minutes to be completed. https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/4D3AB7B1-812D-4FA6-869D-D6837A53BE14